Entrepreneurial Software Developer with 10+ years of full-stack experience. I specialize in making ideas into delightful products. I have a strong foundation in mathematics and UI design, and thrive on new challenges.
Mar 2015 – Present
Senior Software Engineer – Youtube
- Grew Youtube TV from early prototype to public launch.
- Developed content serving backend.
- Contributed to stream-computing pipeline which ingests and merges real-time data from multiple sources.
- Used Google Knowledge Graph to add a deeper understanding of the context of live events
May 2013 – Mar 2015
Co-Founder, CTO – Weaver Labs, Inc
- Combining traditions from games and visual storytelling with predictive intelligence, created a new medium for sharing stories with friends.
- Lead an R&D team to develop a natural language classifier, which correctly identifies the conversational intent of 95% of user messages.
- Built a predictive recommender system to automatically suggest characters and expressions.
July 2007 – November 2012
Co-Founder, CTO – GameSalad, Inc
- Working with three other founders, built a new kind of game company that blends powerful, accessible, and rapid game creation technologies with independent publishing.
- Sole coder on the project for 9 months pre-funding.
- Developed GameSalad’s engine and tools for Mac and iOS from the ground up using Objective-C, lua, and C++.
- Managed cross-platform development teams.
- Coordinated projects with stakeholders from multiple departments.
January 2007 – June 2007
Software Engineer – Epic Systems Corp.
- Developed touch screen interfaces to display real-time patient vital information for use in operating rooms.
May 2003 – September 2005
Research Assistant – Rice University
- Worked as a research assistant for the Rice HCI/Usability and Computer Human Interaction Lab (CHIL).
- Developed software to conduct eye-tracking experiments and cognitive modeling.
- Developed documentation and educational content.
Daniel L. Treiman, 2012. Methods and Systems Related to Template Code Generator. U.S. Patent Application Number 13/448,983.
Michael A. Agustin, William R. Garretsen, Sushmita Subramanian, Daniel L. Treiman. 2012. Methods and Systems Related to Monetization Plug-ins in Interactive Multimedia Applications.
Michael Agustin, Daniel L. Treiman. 2011. Methods and System Related to Creation of Interactive Multimedia Applications. US. Publication Number 2011/0209117.
Launch.co Hackathon 2016 finalist: Wieldy: Autonomous drone flying app.
Money2020 2016 finalist: Honeycomb: a cross-promotion network for small business built on the Clover point-of-sale platform.
TechCrunch Disrupt 2016 hackathon finalist. Gaze: track progress of your construction site using drones.
Money2020 2014 honorable mention. MoneyClip: Steganographically encodes bitcoin addresses into an image. Send and request bitcoin by texting a picture.
Techcrunch Disrupt Hackathon 2014 Best UX Award: Are you OK?
Parse Mobile Dev Day Hackathon Winner, Opine: Share and compare ideas and connect with like-minded people.
Publications and Awards
How GameSalad Can Help You Create You Own Video Game, Entrepreneur Magazine, July 2011.
The MacTech Spotlight, MacTech Magazine. April 2010 Issue.
B.S., Computer Science with Honors, Mathematics Minor.
Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN. 2006.
Machine Learning Certification, Coursera, Dec 2014
GDC Game Technology Directors Group
Ten years Apple WWDC Attendee 2003-2013
Member, International Game Developers Association
Member, Association for Computing Machinery
Member, Austin iPhone Developer Group